Friday, January 21, 2011

Gigging it!!!

So last night (Thursday) went into Elsewhere in Surfers, the scum hole that it is.....and this club if you can call it that is probably the only decent thing in there.  A friends band was playing for a Flood Relief thing, was a pretty good night.  The last band to play was called Jimmy the Saint and Sinners, a Gold Coast band I'm pretty sure, man they were good, had a country/folk kinda sound, really enjoyed them.  Previous to heading into Surfers was playing pool at Mermaid in the old cinemas, so strange going to a place that you haven't been in for a long time!

 Just like today, headed down to Mudgeeraba skate park, basically the place I grew up as a teenager and had a skate, really reminded me of old times, especially when some young kids, probably 16-17 bought some booze and were smoking ciggies, ha really took me back.

So yeah that's been the last two days, I really should write more about my time back home since I left perth.  Basically means I have to stretch the memory a little....

Maybe I will do some stretching soonish and get it all down!

No comments:

Post a Comment