Thursday, February 10, 2011

Born Adventurer

So......

Today (10th Feb) was an interesting day.  I woke up a little earlier than normal say around 11 compared to my 12:30 - 1:00 normal times, maybe it's because Ellen is on at 12 and I don't want to miss her ha ha.  But yeah I woke up and you might not like this but I went to the toilet as per normal and as I was urinating it hurt, a little unusual I thought but I continued on.  So not long after I discovered more than urine was coming out, it was blood! Ergh doesn't sound to good does it?

I freaked a little because I didn't know what could've caused that, so I googled a little bit and pretty much didn't get an answer so basically if there is a repeat, the doctor is a must see!

Onwards and upwards from that tale.......I had for breakfast of sorts Percy Pig'n'Pals simply because I was too lazy to eat.  I watched Ellen and really enjoyed it, she had Justin Bieber on and for once I put away my judgements and discovered this kid is really switched on, has a mature perspective and attitude towards certain things that will and have been cast his way.  He has surrounded himself with great, supportive people and I'm sure this kid will definitely have a great career.

After watching tv for a bit I sat on my Mac and randomly chose to use the Faces tool in Iphoto so did that for a little bit and then my friend came around and we decided to go for a walk at Paradise Point.  Which was great, many a time I have passed this park area but never ventured to walk it.  So we meandered along and discovered that at one point they have built steps to serve as a wall along the shore, it looks pretty cool and allows you to get close to the water as the tide pushes it along.

We continued on and found a tree, we climbed it and sat looking out over the water and towards Ephraim Island, it was very relaxing and it was certainly enjoyable to climb a tree something I haven't done in a long time!

My friend then decided she wanted to walk over the bridge near us as she loves bridges, so off we went to discover the feeling of an artificially created span across blue/green depths.  We took the direction of Ephraim Island and upon our landing found it to be a nice place.  Considering that my earlier thoughts was of a sterile clinical atmosphere and look to this higher living arrangement.  There was this one spot where they had created a walkway that continued on out over the water, the walkway came to a point and you could see where for effect great blocks of concrete had been placed to create an artificial reef of sorts and to some extent it was a success for there were various fish attracted to these man made rock shelfs.

We continued along towards a grassed area and took rest, well I did anway not due to the fact that I'm unfit but maybe to soak in the sun and enjoy the sights.  After awhile we had to leave as my friend was heading off to work and needed some rest for the night ahead.

I think this walk inspired me to go for a bike ride that and I searched around for all the change I could muster so as to buy a super-size slurpee hmmm....

Once I bought my slurpee I thought I would check out an area of development or should I say lack of which is not far from where I live, only a few streets away in fact.  I rode along and tried to juggle riding a bike and sipping a slurpee, it wasn't too hard but I did have to navigate the tyres along roads strewn with rubble but I managed fine.  I headed towards the canal section of this area and discovered there is a boardwalk, it isn't very long but there was a bench which I found and I contented myself to finishing my slurpee and taking in the surrounding area.  A bonus to finding this bench, there was a bin so I could responsibly dispose of my rubbish.  Would you say thoughtful citizen there?

After the awesome beverage I thought to continue on and discover this canaled island of sorts, riding down one of the roads I saw that a car had left the road and there were tracks leading into the scrubby wild bush, I thought to myself I will check that out for curiosity's sake, it was certainly an interesting ride from then on.  There was a huge area of sand that I thought I could ride through but alas my BMX bike just was not the right tool for the job, I continued along and found the rest of the landscape uninteresting I guess due to the fact that all this land was destined to be for a houses foundations so nothing exciting would be upon the face of that.  One thing is for sure where there is vacant land there is rubbish, it either being construction rubbish or rubbish of lazy opportunistic people.

From that point on I decided to ride along the service road that runs parallel to Broadwater Avenue, which eventually takes me to a place called Boykambil.  Boykambil is located south east of where I last was and it is a section of land that ends and is divided by a waterway, yet in saying that Boykambil is also an island of sorts, as this waterway winds its way around this area and eventually meets up with a canaled estate called Oyster Cove I think not 100% percent sure but I think it's the right name of this place.  So I rode along and found near the boat ramp a rockwall I rode along it and chilled for a bit taking in this area too, after pausing I continued along the footpath heading towards to bridge that links Boykambil/Hope Island to Jabiru Island which then joins Paradise Point.

I went under the bridge and took the street running parallel to the river as it curved another street came off it and it was a no through road, so I thought let me see what the end of this road looks like ha.  I found as I was rolling along some very nice properties with huge expanses of land and direct access to the river that wound its way around this apparent island.  It's amazing when you discover some real gems of housing in some unusual areas such as this.  Along the road I also saw an area of bush it had the like of Douglas Firs in it and the usual native gums and what not, I made a note to check it out on my way back.

I pressed on and did find the end of the street and it was as uninteresting as a blank piece of paper.  I turned around and bee lined for the gap in the tree I spotted earlier, there was just one hindrance though, as I rode to this spot two cars were parked on the road next to each other with both occupants chatting.  So knowing that at anytime they might come along and I would be midway into entering this gap in the tree line I casually pedaled along glancing back to make sure my timing would be right, as soon as I spotted my place I quickly strolled in with bike in tow and tried to get as deep in the trees as I could, this being so as my shirt was white and was sure to be spotted with ease.

Now this place had in interesting look to it, the floor was littered with pine cones, pine needles and various other rotting or broken branches/twigs.  So every step was a crunchy one.  As I looked forward there were many paths that I could take, this due to cleared areas.  I pretty much stuck to a straight path but veering to the left, after about 50 metres I saw two large ruts in the ground, which looked like an excavator had become stuck in the soft ground, but there were no other tracks leading into or out of these ruts.  I put it down to a mystery and continued along.

After about I would say 150 or more metres I came across a black pond, now this pond was definitely stagnant as not even a hint of wind pushed a ripple across it, that and the fact that it looked thick like soup.  I almost half expected a crocodile or some horrible creature to arise from it sensing my presence on the shore.  I picked up a stick and threw it in and the result, a soft splash and then bubbles rising on the surface and that was it, no creatures of any kind come to reconcile their peace being disturbed.  I looked at this pond and thought it would be a great place for a murdered victims body.  Now this in itself is an interesting thought to have as I am not in the slightest inclined to such behaviour, being the loving good natured man that I am.  But all the same I think the thought came to pass as it would be a great location for that of a murder story, purely fictional of course.  And perhaps I will use it.

Now I had to hurry along for this pond was not only disgusting but it was a breeding ground for mosquitos and I had already being bitten a few times so I idled no longer and resumed.  For reasons unknown I had a though to continue straight but bearing to my right, and upon reaching the roadside I'm glad I followed that instinct as I found to my left further along close to the road there was as huge section of fetid water, so had I continued bearing left I would have happened upon this obstacle and even I think accidentally wandered into it.  Which I can assure you would have been quite unpleasant.

I found myself on a road that ran again parallel to Broadwater Avenue but was on the south side, the side in which a Freedom fuel station was located and I was on the back entrance to this very station.  At the end of this road to my left a huge section of earth had been piled up, this was due to the fact that they at some point later on are planning to join another section of road.  This pile of earth which I must say had been piled so well as to create a look of a pyramid but with the top third cut off.  This I again saw a place to discover, I dragged both myself and bike up to the top and found it to be fairly flat and easy to navigate.  I have seen this earthly pile from the roadside and wondered what it was and now I had come to the knowledge of what it was.

I rode along the top and eventually came to it's end, the end been where a new road was being created at ground level.  I descended below and took to riding on the newly laid road base which had been packed tight.  I continued along and came to a section which had been watered down due to recent activity, now at one point on this virgin road there was what appeared to be the beginning of a round-a-bout, and I could see that a branch of this led to the existing intersection of Broadwater Avenue closest to McDonald's and the 7-11.  Now I thought to start heading home and my course was to head towards an estate called Halcyon Waters,which I knew this road joined up to, but there was an obstacle before me.  One there was a gate and I thought it unchained but as I got closer it appeared to be chained and locked, not only that but near the site office there was still a ute parked and I thought if I choose this way I'm bound to be questioned if I make a rattle of the chains or some attempt at exit.

So I decided to go the hard way, the hard way been go back the way I came.  It wasn't really difficult to be honest, but it meant I would have to backtrack to get home.  This I did and just as I got to another set of lights, the rain came down.  I took shelter at the BP and once it had cleared I headed straight home with a shower in mind!

I arrived back at the apartments and thought while I'm at it I might as well have a cruise around this place in which I live, there are some areas I've never thought or needed to see.  As I rode around I found that where I live is quite nice, ha imagine that.  So in doing that I have a new appreciation of the beauty of where I live, not only this apartment complex but of this suburb that I am part of too.

It's interesting what you discover when you're not in a car.  Our legs can take us places that something with wheels can't.

So with that said I plan to discover more new places with these perfectly useful devices attached to my torso.  As they really are advantageous.

Enough adventures for one day and hopefully plenty more to come.

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment